Who may visit:
- A prior background check or approval process is not necessary for visiting the Youth Transition Center (YTC).
- Visitors are limited to immediate family members, unless approved by special arrangement.
- People other than immediate family must be approved by the program director or designee prior to the visit.
- A maximum of five visitors, including children, are allowed at a visit.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times.
What visitors can and can’t bring with them:
- All visitors are subject to search upon entering the facility and must present valid photo identification, such as a driver license or passport.
- Property that visitors bring to the Youth Transition Center for a resident must be turned over to the staff on duty. After the visit, the property is processed and placed on the youth's inventory list.
- All personal belongings, like coats, purses and cell phones are to be left locked in your vehicle. However, in cold weather coats may be hung up at the entrance door.
- No food or drink, or outside items are allowed in the visitation room.
- Smoking and all other tobacco products are prohibited.
- No alcohol, drugs, firearms or weapons are allowed at YTC. Any visitor suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any mood-altering substance will not be allowed to remain at the center and will be reported to local law enforcement.
Appropriate clothing must be worn throughout a visit. Visitors are expected to be well groomed and to wear footwear at all times.
- The following clothing is not allowed:
- tank tops, tube tops, spandex, Lycra, see-through fabric or clothing with holes
- tops that expose the midriff or show excessive cleavage
- tops with hoods
- bib overalls
- culottes, shorts, skirts and dresses that are above knee length
- wraparound clothing, including dresses, skirts or shirts
Great Falls Youth Transition Center
4212 3rd Avenue South
Great Falls, MT 59405
Phone: (406) 452-1792