Who may visit:
- A prior background check is not necessary for visiting the Riverside facility.
- Visitation is restricted to immediate family and personnel involved with a youth’s future placement. Exceptions to this policy require the pre-approval of the facility superintendent.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to visit without a parent or guardian. Children must remain with their parents at all times and behave in an appropriate manner that does not disturb others.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times. Visits will be terminated by staff for any inappropriate behavior or violating these visiting rules
What visitors can and can’t bring with them:
- All visitors are subject to search upon entering the facility and must present a valid photo identification, such as a driver license or passport.
- All personal belongings, like coats, purses and cell phones are to be left locked in your vehicle. However, in cold weather coats may be hung up at the entrance door.
- No food or drink, or outside items are allowed in the visitation room.
- Smoking and all other tobacco products are prohibited on the Riverside campus.
- No alcohol, drugs, firearms or weapons are allowed on campus. Any visitor suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any mood-altering substance will not be allowed to remain on campus and will be immediately reported to local law enforcement.
Riverside Youth Correctional Facility
2 Riverside Road
PO Box 88
Boulder, MT 59631
Phone: (406) 225-4500
To schedule a visit or for further information about visitation, please call:
Case Manager: (406) 225-4516
Riverside’s main number: (406) 225-4500